But I want things to be more than what they are on the surface. I want people to know more about the person I am, or at least the person I want to be. So, after a nice discussion with some fine women, I thought a great place to start would be to ponder on some of the things I was truly grateful for. Unfortunately, I surprised myself when my list started including things such as "Zoloft, Lortab, and a comfy bed..." Perhaps I was focusing on the wrong things. So I pulled some inspiration from a talk by President Monson titled, "Finding Joy in the Journey". About midway through the talk it says: "Our realization of what is most important in life goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings."
So there is was, the inspiration for this blog!
As for the title of my blog? Well, that was from a book about a bad cat... not really applicable to this story at all, but I thought it sounded like a nice idea.So, here's how it will work (in my perfect world... of course, I am all about flexibility these days!) I am going to try to post weekly about the things in my life that bring me joy. The things that, for whatever reason, I am most grateful for. But only those things that start with the right letter. Yep, I am going by the alphabet.
I will start with A and progress in the normal fashion until I get to Z. That makes for about 27 posts (I am totally counting this as one... even though the letters don't start until next time). That's only 25 more than I was able to accomplish on my last attempt at blogging. That shouldn't be too hard, right?
So, feel free to join me on this journey as I try to do as the Prophet suggests and, "relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. Because one day each of us will run out of tomorrows."
No comments:
Post a Comment