Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A is for...


  1. Atonement. I don't fully understand it. I don't know how Christ took upon Himself all of the sins and suffering of everyone. But I do know that it is probably the single most important event in the history of everything. And as I learn more about it, I am more humbled by the magnitude of the love our Savior must have for us.
  2. Air. That seems like a pretty good thing to be grateful for. I particularly like the air right after it has rained.
  3. Ananda. Ananda is the oldest daughter of my oldest sister, Traci. That makes her my neice! Isn't she gorgeous? But not only that, she is one of the strongest, sweetest people I have ever met in my whole life. I remember when she was born. I have watched as she has grown up into a beautiful young women, despite some rough roads along the way. Ananda is now married and has a cute little baby of her own . I want to be more like her when I grow up!
  4. Alpharetta. That is where I live. It is a great suburb outside of Atlanta, Georgia. We have lived here for about 4 1/2 years. I love it. It is so green and filled with trees. The traffic is bad... and the humidity in the summer is a little annoying, but it is close to my sister.
  5. Age. I like to believe that wisdom comes with age. I also think that patience and a sense of humor develops with age as well. And, luckily, I work somewhere where your age doesn't matter because my sister has all kinds of fun gadgets that can all but stop the passage of time. (Okay... a bit of an exaggeration, but I like to think that I look much youner than I actually feel!)
  6. Albuquerque. That is where I used to live. We lived in Albuquerque for 5 years before moving to Georgia. It is the opposite of Alpharetta. Everything in Albuquerque is brown. But the skies were really something to look at and you couldn't beat the sunset. We have great friends who welcomed us into their family when we moved there. And we miss those easy, friendly relationships.
  7. Agendas. I am grateful for agendas. I love a good calendar. I like tasks and organized checklists. I like the satisfaction of checking things off when I am done... and the knowledge that those things I write down are less likely to be forgotten. (Not completely unlikely... but less likely.)
  8. April (the month). April is one of my favorite months. It is the month of my birthday. (And who doesn't like a good birthday?) But it is also the month when the weather starts to change and the world wakes up. The flowers start blooming and the trees look like they are covered in popcorn. (yep... you're totally thinking about the 'popcorn popping on the apricot tree' song right now, right?) Everything is new in April. I like the fresh start.
  9. Alma the Younger. I used to get really annoyed when everyone talked about how great Alma the Younger was. I wondered why we didn't focus more Nephi. You know, the guy who didn't do anything wrong in the first place. Who had the perfect faith from the beginning. But as I get older (and hopefully wiser), I realize that there is a lot more of Alma the Younger in me than Nephi. And I am grateful for that gospel principle. Of knowing that no matter what, I can have a "do-over"! I need a lot of do-over's.
  10. Adriano. He is the guy who, week after week, cleans my messy house. How could I not be grateful for him??
  11. Afternoons. I love the afternoon. I love the winding down of a busy morning. The settling into a busy evening. I love picking Morgan up from school and having her hang out with me. (Usually at work, much to her dismay...).
  12. Aching Bones. I know... why be grateful for that? Well, it reminds me of where I have been, physically. It reminds me of how amazing the human body is... how we are able to adapt. It reminds me of gat people who have cooked meals, cared for my children, offered their prayers and support, and been my arms when mine weren't working well enough. It also reminds me of good doctors, who despite being frustrated by my quirky body, were willing to give it all they had and more.
  13. Aunt Tiff. My sister is the best. And when I get the the T's I will tell you all about her. But for now, I want to express how grateful I am that she is my daughters' aunt. She is very generous, and (according to her own daughter) a bit of a "softy". But more than that, she shows my girls that it isn't impossible to achieve great things. She also shows them that sometimes you have to work really hard!
  14. Apples. Who doesn't like apples?
  15. Art. I think art is great because it can be so personal. No matter what you like or dislike, there is art out there to satisfy you, in so many different forms. Theater, music, print, portraits, photography. Anything that my daughter Morgan makes. The things that Taylor is able to create on the computer. It is all art. It is something to ponder and appreciate.
  16. ABBA. I grew up with ABBA music. I still love to sing the songs. (much to the delight of my husband and children.) But I really am "thankful for the music - the songs I'm singing..."
  17. Atlanta Dermatology, Vein & Research Center. This is where I work. (By the way, I am the Practice Administrator). It is a great place to work. I only live about 5 minutes away, which in Georgia traffic means I need to be extra-grateful for the place. I work with some very nice people. It is interesting to be in a smaller work environment and watch how people interact with each other. For the most part, I see good cooperation and people taking pride in their work and enjoying their time here. It is fun to see! Plus, we have Botox here. But I guess I should write about that under the B page!
  18. Airplanes. The only way to travel.
  19. Asleep. I love being asleep. I love curling up with my blanket and my memory foam pillow and I love it when my dog snuggles in at my feet.
  20. Adversity. What? Grateful for adversity? To be truthful, I am not. I usually make fun of the people who say they are. It is hard for me to stand and say "thank you for all this crap.." (sorry Morgan, but crap is just the best word for that sentence.). But I am working on it. I may not be able to find the words to express Gratitude for my trials, but I no longer ask who I wronged in a previous life. So that is progress, right?

1 comment:

  1. Tami, Today's blog made me cry ( in a good way). I'll bet that wasn't your intention but sorry, couldn't help it. You are an (A)ngel and I love you. Thanks for making me take a minute to stop and think about things in a different and inspiring way. I can't wait for the B's!

    ReplyDelete